Medical Assistant or LPN
Looking for an MA or LPN to join our clinic team This is a full time position M-F, 8:30-5, no weekends, no holidays.
Current Iowa MA or LPN license required
Experience working in outpatient setting preferred, but not required.
If you have an interest in applying for this position, please send your resume to Kallie Stambaugh, 2055 Kimball Ave., Suite 101, Waterloo, Iowa 50702, (or email email@example.com ).
We are excited to open a position in the Administrative department! We are looking to add an Administrative Assistant.
We are looking for a full time Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company. The Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include taking minutes during meetings, supporting Administration staff in accounting, human resources, payroll, marketing, and managing calendars. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act with little guidance. Financial/accounting skills are a plus but not required. Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to executive members and support staff.
· Act as the point of contact among Faculty, employees, clients and other external partners
· Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
· Perform payroll duties in ADP
· Required to attend quarterly Board of Directors and Finance Committee meetings and take minutes outside regular business hours
· Required to attend all organization committee meetings and take minutes during regular business hours
· Manage Faculty calendars and set up meetings
· Cross-train in other Administration Department duties
· Facilitate maintenance requests and work with housekeeping vendor
· Assist in planning and executing both employee and marketing events
· Keep up with office supply inventory
· Format information for internal and external communication – emails, reports, and memos
· Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
· Organize and maintain the office filing system
· Other duties as assigned
· Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role a plus
· Excellent MS Office knowledge
· Working knowledge of ADP a plus
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
· Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines)
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Discretion and confidentiality
· High School degree
· PA diploma or certification is a plus
This is a full time role. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Clinical Operations Manager.
If you have an interest in applying for this position, please send your resume to Courtney DesForge, 2055 Kimball Ave., Suite 101, Waterloo, Iowa 50702, (or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Front Office Specialist
We are looking for a full-time Front Office Specialist to perform a variety of medical business office tasks.
Because front office specialists are the first and last impression for our patients, we are looking for someone with the skills and personality to make each patient encounter a positive one.
Greet patients with excellent customer service skills (clear speaking voice, warm smile, prompt acknowledgement, patience, empathy)
Gather, verify, and accurately enter demographic and insurance information on new and established patients necessary for completion of electronic health record and insurance claim processing at each patient visit
Check patients in/out for appointments
Collect payments, issue receipts, and reconcile daily receivable activity to prepare for daily deposits
Answer incoming and interoffice telephone calls in a clear, calm, and professional manner. Screen calls by urgency and route calls promptly, accurately, and professionally to appropriate party
Make, cancel, and reschedule patient appointments according to office procedure
Scan paper and electronic documents into the electronic medical record (EMR)
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Department Manager to include participation in resident education
Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills
Ability to effectively enter information into a variety of computer programs
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures
Ability to interact effectively with physicians, health care team members, individuals, and members of their support systems
Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, educational, and lifestyle backgrounds
Ability to writes, read, comprehend and speak fluent English
Attentive to detail
Bilingual is a plus but not required
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
Ability to sit for long periods of time- up to 80% of shift
Ability to type, dictate, and write
Ability to use computers, screens, monitors and other blue light devices for long periods of time – up to 95% of shift
Preferred or Specialized (Not required to perform the essential functions of the position):
Previous medical office experience
Medical Secretary Diploma or equivalent
Previous experience with an electronic health record or medical office software
Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
Confidentiality, HIPAA, and OSHA compliances
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 7:45 to 5 p.m. and one Saturday every 7 weeks 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. The Front Office staff will report to the Patient Access Services manager.
Competitive wages and benefits including 401K and vacation.
If interested, please mail, fax, or email resumes to: Northeast Iowa Family Practice Center, 2055 Kimball Avenue, Suite 101, Waterloo, IA 50702. Fax: 319-272-2527. Email: email@example.com
Northeast Iowa Medical Education Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.